[Oer-community] (no subject)

Dr.N.BALASUBRAMANIAN Narayanaswamy nbalu1954 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 12 06:10:59 MDT 2010

Dear Dr.Sudhakar Agarkar,
Greetings.  Thank you very much for having shared your experience in the
Foprum.  I am also agreeing with you that we still have a long way to go in the
OER movement. We are still clinging to the idea of copyrighted and peer reviewed
material. Again, I agree with you that  we need to move from sharing to learn to
learning to share.
I am happy to know that in India you are  engaged in developing open educational
resources for schools focusing on all three stakeholders namely students,
teachers and parents. I can easily understand your  difficulty  in  getting
suitable material for your  project. As you stated that there are only a few
persons who are ready to share their manuscripts,it may very difficult to go
ahead with such projects in developing countries.  It is obvious that in
developing countries, a  large majority are concerned with the copyright and the
honorarium that they would get.  However, it is people like you who alone be
ventureous in making such projects workable.  I wish you best of luck in your
venture.  .
Thanking you,
Sincerely yours,
Dr.N.BALASUBRAMANIAN