[Oer-community] Joint work in Development of Materials in Distance Education

Douglas Tedford douglastedford at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 05:36:51 MDT 2010

Dear All,

How much of OER is available in Spanish language?  Urgent request for this
information.

Thank you.

Dr. Douglas Tedford

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 1:34 AM, Dr.N.BALASUBRAMANIAN Narayanaswamy <
nbalu1954 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear Mary Lou Forward,
>
>           Greetings. Thank you for your mail which states that the contents
> on
> MIT OCW will continue to be free and available online.  It is also
> heartening to
> note that MIT is constantly exploring new educational opportunities.  It is
> equally impressive to note that MIT has no plans to charge for access to
> MIT OCW
> content.
>
>           Really, it is a boon to the developing countries which are aiming
> enhance the enrolment in Higher Education.  It is very sure that the study
> materials meant for the distance mode students in developing countries
> could be
> prepared availing MIT OCW contents as they are licence free.  Collaborative
> work
> could be taken up jointly by the Universities in developing countries and
> MIT in
> developing the e-learning materials supported with multimedia in the
>  preparation of study materials for distance learners particularly in
> developing
> countries.  It is believed that Open and Distance Education could be a good
> help
> in enhancing the enrolment in Higher Education in developing countries.
> Academics like me in the developing countries are awaiting your guidance in
> how
> to go ahead with in the envisaged direction.
>
> Thanking you,
>
> Sincerely yours,
> Dr.N.BALASUBRAMANIAN
> Prof. and Head
> Dept. of Education
> School of Distance Education
> Bharathiar University
> COIMBATORE 641 046
> Taml Nadu, INDIA.

Dr. Douglas Tedford
ELT Author - Editor - Teacher Trainer
Researcher - Online English for Rural Guatemala
Mexico City, Mexico
celular: (011 52 1) 55 1724 3738