[Oer-community] UNESCO and OER Foundation join hands in building capability in OER [Assets]

Bernard, NKUYUBWATSI nkuyubwatsi at khi.ac.rw
Wed Nov 28 03:15:52 MST 2012

On 11/28/12, Wayne Mackintosh <mackintosh.wayne at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jane,

 It is indeed possible to provide free learning opportunities for
> all students worldwide based on OER....> My wish for the post-secondary education sector is to see all courses at all publicly institutions based solely on OER. Then we turn the future an asset.... We have the opportunity to promote a global level of connectedness to achieve the goal of free post-secondary education for all.

Dear Wayne,

I read a paper that was reporting on the OERu initiative and said that
OERu courses should not be more than 0.5% of institutions’ courses.
With such a low proportion, do you think the dream of a free
post-secondary education for all will come true?

Is the lack of global connectedness the reason behind that low
proportion of OERu courses?

Best regards,

Bernard