[Oer-community] UNESCO and OER Foundation join hands in building capability in OER

Wayne Mackintosh mackintosh.wayne at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 12:16:51 MST 2012

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 7:56 AM, Stephen Downes <
Stephen.Downes at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca> wrote:

> It needs to be recognized that for many people, 'open' and 'free' do not
> mean 'commercial'. For many people, the idea of 'selling a free resource'
> is a contradiction in terms. For many people, access to the resource,
> rather than making money from it, is the primary concern.

Agreed, and this is why we should have free choice regarding licensing and
the freedom for individuals to express their views through the licenses
they choose.

--
Wayne Mackintosh <http://wikieducator.org/User:Mackiwg>, Ph.D.
Director OER Foundation <http://www.oerfoundation.org>