[Oer-community] On-line education is using a flawed Creative Commons license

Wayne Mackintosh mackintosh.wayne at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 10:40:09 MST 2012

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 2:35 AM, Stephen Downes <stephen at downes.ca> wrote:

OERu assessments enclose assessment content

Stephen, here is the assessment content for the first OERu pilot course -
they are openly licensed and accessible from WikiEducator. (Assessment
overview <http://wikieducator.org/AST1000/Course_guide/Assessment>, Assignment
1 <http://wikieducator.org/AST1000/Course_guide/Assignment_1>,
Assignment 2<http://wikieducator.org/AST1000/Course_guide/Assignment_2>,
Assignment 3<http://wikieducator.org/AST1000/Course_guide/Reflective_journal>).
 I don't understand how this OERu assessment content is enclosed or how
others are restricted from reusing these materials.

Any individual or institution is free to reuse these assessments and
provide assessment services at no-cost to the learner. and hope that there
are institutions who are in a position to do this.

In the case of the OERu, we have not figured out how to fund the provision
of formal assessment services at no-cost to the learner without government
subsidy or other sources of funding to do this.

Do you have any suggestions how to cover the costs of formal assessment
services so we can provide a no cost alternative for learners who may
choose the formal university sector as their preferred option for academic
credentialing?

Wayne

--
Wayne Mackintosh <http://wikieducator.org/User:Mackiwg>, Ph.D.