[Oer-community] SUSPECT: Re: Metadata for OER and International Open Access Association

Stracke, Christian Christian.Stracke at icb.uni-due.de
Mon Nov 26 04:30:47 MST 2012

Dear Phil,

yes, currently you have to pay for the ISO metadata standard MLR:
But we have already requested from ISO its publication for free (what can be requested only after publication).
We expect the publication of the two core parts (the Framework: ISO/IEC 19788-1 and the DC Elements: ISO/IEC 19788-2) as version for free in the beginning of 2013.
If you want to have a look before, just contact your national experts from SC36 (in the national mirror committee) who will be pleased to show and to explain.

Best wishes
Christian

With best regards

Christian Stracke

---

Christian M. Stracke
Convener ISO/IEC JTC1 SC36/WG5
Chair CEN TC 353
HR, E-Learning, Quality and Competence Development
University of Duisburg-Essen, Campus Essen
Universitaetsstr. 9 (ICB)
D-45141 Essen (Germany)

Tel.: +49-(0)201-183-4410
Fax: +49-(0)201-183-4067
E-mail: Christian.Stracke at icb.uni-due.de

LINQ The Leading Conference for Learning Innovations and Quality
http://www.learning-innovations.eu

QLET for Quality in Learning, Education and Training
http://www.qualitydevelopment.eu

AGRICOM for Agriculture Competences in Europe
http://www.agriculture-competences.eu

Q.E.D. supports Quality and Standards in e-Learning
http://www.qed-info.de

CEN/TC 353 "ICT for Learning, Education and Training"
http://www.cen.eu/isss/TC_353

ISO/IEC JTC1 SC36 "IT for Learning, Education and Training"
http://www.sc36.org