[Oer-community] Our discussion of essential information for a map...

Ken Allgood ken.allgood at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 18:23:40 MST 2012

Kim,

Agree entirely with your point..  While ISCED can certainly serve as a
foundation for one of the key metadata reference constructs, the level of
conceptual relationships, (and therefore potential dependencies, temporal
constraints, and applicable use cases) will likely require a more robust
composite approach, similar to that which I & others have leveraged in the
past for large KM and Intel community solutions.   This reminds me of a
model-driven Learning Content Management System prototype I built for a
large client which leveraged multidimensional relationships for runtime
content identification, derivation, and delivery for all personnel,
regardless of specialty, location, or platform.

I offer that up to clarify that this sort of this has been done before, but
it will require a focused scope and associated effort to realize the
potential.

- Ken
RDG/SemantixLab