[Oer-community] Our discussion of essential information for a map...

Susan D'Antoni susandantoni at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 09:15:22 MST 2012

Dear Colleagues,

On Friday, I tried to nudge the discussion back onto the issue of what
information would be essential for an OER world map.  Can I try again.....

The sample map at http://oerworldmap.oerknowledgecloud.org/ has 3 different
levels of information if you use the Filter and go to Markers 1,2,3.  This
is just to show one way of giving people a quick entry point for
information about an OER initiative.  (The text of the markers is below)

Looking at these and thinking about the elements of information identified
in discussion last week (see Sara's summary), does anyone wish to comment
on this issue further?

Best,

Susan

**************************

Marker 1 .....Miinimal information

OER Initiative: MIT OCW

OER Initiative web site*:* http://ocw.mit.edu

Institution*:* Massachusetts Institute of Technology MIT

Institution website*:* http://www.mit.edu/

Country*:* United States

*******************************

Marker 2 ......More information

OER Initiative*:* OER @ AVU

OER Initiative web site*:* http://oer.avu.org

Institutio*n:* African Virtual University

Institution website*:* http://www.avu.org/

Country*:* Pan African intergovernmental organisation

OER Initiative contact*:* contact at avu.org

Start year*:* 2011

Level of education*:* Tertiary

Languages*:* English, French, Portuguese

***********************************

Marker 3 .... More information with a link to a case study of the OER
initiative

OER Initiative*:* OpenLearn

OER Initiative web site*:* http://www.open.ac.uk/openlearn

Institution*:* The Open University

Institution website*:* http://www.open.ac.uk/

Country*:* United Kingdom

OER Initiative contact*:* Andrew Law <andrew.law at open.ac.uk>

Start year*:* 2006

Languages*:* English

Case study*:* A case study of OpenLearn was prepared for the Open
Educational Quality Initiative (http://www.oer-quality.org) The full text
of the case study can be found at http://cloudworks.ac.uk/cloud/view/3494