[Oer-community] A simple sample map to look at

Hempal Shrestha hshrestha at bellanet.org
Mon Nov 19 04:15:53 MST 2012

Hi Community, Susan!

I had started some small mapping exercises with my students here in Nepal
in google maps first two years back. But we had to depend upon approval
mechanism from google for getting these data and inputs being published.
Thus apart from openness, this was one of the reason, we choose OpenStreet
Map for mapping our neighborhood.

I would second Abel's proposal to consider using OpenStreetMap (OSM) for
OER community map. Its pretty easy to update and also certainly preserves
our freedom.

--
With Best Regards,

Hempal Shrestha
FOSS eSolutions
Independent Consultant: Technology Evangelist
Near Share Market,
Putalisadak, Kathmandu, Nepal
Mobile : + 977-98510-77031
Gmail/ Skype/Yahoo/Whatever: hempalshrestha