[Oer-community] A reflection

rory rory at athabascau.ca
Sat Nov 17 10:20:16 MST 2012

Fairdeh,
I don't think that any one pedagogy would suit the various regions of
Canada, nor even learners in any one region of our country, so for the
different countries, regions and cultures, I respectfully suggest that
we think in terms of opening up to a wide range of pedagogies.
The question that needs a response for me is this:
There are 100s of millions of learners around the world who are capable
of  post-secondary education, but who do not presently have access or
cannot afford it, but are capable.
How can we educate them or help them to educate themselves
cost-effectively with quality?

To the extent that the OER movement, the mapping, the OERu  and other
initiatives support this goal, I do also. Others might focus on basic
literacy or elementary/secondary education and that is needed too. I
think that OER can form part of the solution to many questions. Not just
one.

All the best.
Rory

On 12-11-16 11:53 PM, f.mashayekh wrote:
> Dear Stephan,
>
> Indeed,this is the right  question which is   raised,as Stephan remind
> us:"If technology is the answer ,then what is the question?The
> question ,as I understand , the pedagogy.
>
> In our complex and digitally connected world,there is need for
> a*global pedagogy* to assist  technology.And this is the real
> *responsibility of an efficient oer- community.*
> By efficient  I mean:being pusher theoretically,and doer practically
> towards solving one of the collective bottlenecks in our respective
> countries,towards a sustainable world..
>
> with best regards,
>

> Farideh Mashayekh
> Strategic consultant in educational planning & pedagogy
> http://www.pedagogy.ir/

Rory McGreal
UNESCO/COL Chair in OER
Athabasca University