[Oer-community] Sharing a gift of OER knowledge for all educators

Wayne Mackintosh mackintosh.wayne at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 01:07:14 MST 2012

Hi Jenna.

Greetings to Mauritius from another island, New Zealand!

While Mauritius is a small country we are inspired by the active
participation in OER by a number of Mauritians who have been staunch
supporters of open education for a number of years.

You raise a valid point that many educators are not aware of OER.  In this
regard, the OER Chairs would like to share a gift of knowledge for all
educators worldwide :-)

The UNESCO-COL Chair in OER at Athabasca University, the COL Chair in OER
at Otago Polytechnic and Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand will
host a *free
online workshop <http://wikieducator.org/OCL4Ed> *on OERs, Copyright and
Creative Commons scheduled for 3- 14 December 2012.

This provides a unique opportunity for capability development in open
education and we invite all interested staff at your institution to join
this international workshop. Currently there are 35 countries
participating.

Staff can register
online<http://wikieducator.org/Open_content_licensing_for_educators/About>
.

I hope this will help in raising knowledge about OER in your country.

--
Wayne Mackintosh <http://wikieducator.org/User:Mackiwg>, Ph.D.
Director OER Foundation <http://www.oerfoundation.org>