[Oer-community] A reflection

Zaid Ali Alsagoff zaid.alsagoff at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 01:00:48 MST 2012

Dear Wayne,

Thanks for sharing. Will surely register once I have sorted out my PhD
details (Jan 2013).

Actually, I am also hoping to reinvent the PhD process and format itself,
besides embracing OER, because I believe it is becoming more and more
irrelevant beyond the academic world and many of the super creative people
are simply not attracted to the current format(s) and approach(es), which
often seem to be too obsessed with the thesis document itself* *rather than
the ideas, innovation and nurturing the student to become an expert in his
research domain, and of course developing the creative research and
learning skills required for the 21st century.

I have already Delicious the link you shared and of course tweeted it to
spread the news of the Global OER Graduate network :)

Have a great day and thanks for enlightening me with another OER gem :)

Warm regards,
*
Zaid Ali Alsagoff*
*E-Learning Manager*
International Medical University
No. 126, Jln Jalil Perkasa 19, Bukit Jalil,57000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
DID: +603 2731 7327