[Oer-community] OER Mapping

Greg Grossmeier greg at grossmeier.net
Wed Nov 14 19:20:32 MST 2012

And, if you or anyone have any questions about LRMI, please don't
hesitate to email me; I'm the lead for LRMI (I work for Creative Commons
on education and technology issues in general).

Best,

Greg

<quote name="Seth Woodworth" date="2012-11-14" time="13:05:58 -0500">
> I'm fairly happy with the Learning Resource Metadata Initiative
> http://creativecommons.org/tag/learning-resource-metadata-initiative. It's
> a new standard, so I am unsure of how well it is tested in the field.
>
> --Seth Woodworth
>

> On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 4:30 PM, José Vladimir Burgos Aguilar <
> vburgos at itesm.mx> wrote:
>
> > Dear all,
> >
> > Why don't we all, producers/consumers of OER and those who own a repository
> > (institutional or thematic repository) consider the issue of
> > interoperability (metadata crosswalk) to ease the task of discoverability
> > (OER search engines). It will be great to foster ACCESS to digital objects
> > trough facets (metadata) by language, discipline (knowledge area) and other
> > descriptors to give context of use of the OER and potential transferability
> > for educational purposes.
> >
> > Let's learn of the Open Access movement, excellent deal and effort they
> > have
> > done with projects like DRIVER 2.0
> > (www.driver-support.eu/informationfor.html) -for example, about mapping
> > the
> > OER we could think in a Global Directory of OER Repositories like OpenDOAR
> > (www.opendoar.org)
> >
> > Please consider:
> >
> > Haßler, Bjöern (2009). Access to Open Educational Resources: Report of a
> > UNESCO OER Community Discussion, UNESCO OER Community, 9-27 February, 2009:
> > http://bit.ly/PSr55c
> >
> > In Mexico we are working hard in that topic of discoverability of OER
> > (visibility and dissemination): www.temoa.info
> > ...also www.temoa.info/research   and   www.temoa.info/es/investigacion
> >
> > All the best,
> > Vladimir Burgos
> > --------------------------------
> > J. Vladimir Burgos Aguilar, MTI, M.Sc
> > Open Content Coordinator (CKO)
> > Innov at TE Center – Center for Innovation in Technology and Education
> >
> > Project manager of OCW Tecnológico de Monterrey: http://ocw.itesm.mx &
> > temoa
> > (Knowledge Hub OER Index): www.temoa.info
> >
> > TECVirtual University of the Tecnológico de Monterrey
> > www.itesm.mx/innovate
> >
> > Tel. +52 (81) 8358.2000, Ext 6776
> > Skype: vladimir.burgos
> >
> > Join the community of temoa® and discover the most powerful tool to learn
> > better and in a different way. www.temoa.info
> >
> > facebook
> > www.facebook.com/temoainfo
> > The content of this data transmission is not considered as an offer,
> > proposal, understanding, or agreement unless it is confirmed in a document
> > signed by a legal representative of ITESM. The content of this data
> > transmission is confidential and it is intended to be delivered only to the
> > addresses, therefore, it shall not be distributed and/or disclosed through
> > any mean without the original sender's previous authorization. If you are
> [...]

| Greg Grossmeier            GPG: B2FA 27B1 F7EB D327 6B8E |
| http://grossmeier.net           A18D 1138 8E47 FAC8 1C7D |