[Oer-community] Forwarded message on behalf of Kathy Nicholson

Chris Yapp chris_yapp at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Nov 13 12:53:04 MST 2012

I want to raise a caveat which I think is important to getting value from
the activity.

For the map to be valuable it has to be self-sustaining. I've seen too many
attempts in all aspects of education to create an audit, a snapshot of
activity, which rapidly decays in utility.

WIFM is important. (What's in it for me?)

Key to this being successful is to address the motivation so that anyone who
posts has a vested interest in updating their part in exchange for others
activity. How do you create a win-win?

It's really a question of community values.

What is the OER Map manifesto you want people to sign up to?

Hope this helps

Chris Yapp

90 High Street

Wheatley