[Oer-community] OER mapping - Welcome and introduction to Week 1

Sandra Schön sandra.schoen at salzburgresearch.at
Mon Nov 12 14:22:01 MST 2012

Dear Susan and All,

additionally:

within L3T we developed a map of all authors within this OER project
http://l3t.eu/homepage/framed/go?url=http%3A%2F%2Fl3t.tugraz.at%2F~mb%2F

and we visualised the downloads of our chapters in a map:
http://l3t.tugraz.at/~mb/unis.php

if this is interesting for you, please contact martin.ebner at tugraz.at

best wishes,
Sandra

Am 12.11.12 21:06, schrieb Sandra Schön:
> Dear Susan and All,
>
>>     1.   Would a world map to visualize the global OER landscape be
>>     useful? (example below created from OCWC data)
>>
> To be frankly: I do not see that a map of OER projects, repositories
> etc. is the most useful and wanted thing. Of course, a collection, an
> extended list would be useful, a search function great and some ideas
> to illustrate this collections and lists would be great.
>
> I hesitate to promote a *map* because from my opinion, the idea of
> mapping means that there is a need to decide the origin and/or
> workload of OER projects, even if its sometimes a multinational
> community, a multinational funding, a multinational cooperation etc.
> (Perhaps this argumentation is not very common in the US ;-)
>
> In my "own OER" project L3T (an open scientific textbook on e-learning
> in German language, http://l3t.eu) we have co-authors from Germany,
> Switzerland, Austria, Netherlands and Greek ... I don't have a clue
> where to add it in your map. Personally, I live in Germany and work in
> Austria. Even more important seems (for me) that this is a project in
> German language. Eventually, it would be helpful for others to get an
> idea about the topic and materials.
>
> Only the political issue (which country pays/funds how much in OER
> projects and materials) seems - IMHO - interesting and also important
> for political discussions, esp. for UNESCO and Co.
>
> Additionally - I guess the idea to develop a map is already
> established ;-) - I want to point to an existing list within the
> Wikieducator.org, once established within the OLCOS project (the first
> project on OER funded by the European Commission).
>
> Here it is: http://wikieducator.org/Open_Educational_Content
>
> BTW: In your map, the wikieducator will be (probably) a NZ project.
> OLCOS was an European project with collaborators (at Wikieducator.org)
> from NZ. I'm not able to decide where to locate it (in our time of
> networked worldwide cooperations).
>
> Kind regards, best wishes,
> Sandra
>

> --
> Dr. Sandra Schös(n
> InnovationLab | Salzburg NewMediaLab
> sandra.schoen at salzburgresearch.at
> http://sandra-schoen.de
>
> Salzburg Research Forschungsgesellschaft m.b.H.
> Jakob Haringer Strasse 5/III | 5020 Salzburg, Austria
> T+43.662.2288-429 | F+43.662.2288-222
> http://www.salzburgresearch.at

Dr. Sandra Schö?n
InnovationLab | Salzburg NewMediaLab