[Oer-community] Using OER, OSS and OCW

Stovall, Iris istovall at uillinois.edu
Wed Oct 13 09:18:18 MDT 2010

Colleagues,
I have created an online course for educators that participate in the MVCR program titled Global E-Learning.  One module explores OER and OSS.  Participants select currently available materials and plan a program that they would deliver with OER and OSS.  The goal is to help educators understand what OER and OSS are and how to use them to deliver courses and training materials in the U.S. or in other parts of the world.  I'm sure that there are many other ways to spread awareness and encourage use of OER, but this method may achieve some success in helping educators consider the advantages of making their own resources Open.

Iris

Iris K. Stovall
Director, Illinois Virtual Campus
University of Illinois