[Oer-community] In fields like OER -- Shouldn't we eat our own dog food?

Wayne Mackintosh wayne at oerfoundation.org
Tue Oct 12 13:49:15 MDT 2010

Hi Jennie,

Again your assumption is incorrect.

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 7:07 AM, Jennie Lawrence <jennie at the3rdgoal.org>wrote:

> Well Theo, the OERFoundation would have you believe that you would
> prescribe to their High costs of obtaining OER material in order to reduce
> or alleviate these fears you mention below. But its not the case.

The OER Foundation does NOT charge for educators to access, reuse, adapt or
modify OER.  In fact we provide free training for thousands of educators
around the world on how to do this.

A few examples of projects you have cited as free also rely on donations and
membership contributions to sustain their operations. You have incorrectly
singled out a charitable organisation and wrongly accused the Foundation for
charging for OERs they organisation doesn't own.

Cheers
Wayne

--
Wayne Mackintosh <http://wikieducator.org/User:Mackiwg>, Ph.D.