[Oer-community] In fields like OER -- Shouldn't we eat our own dog food?

Steve Foerster steve at hiresteve.com
Tue Oct 12 13:15:57 MDT 2010

Abel Caine wrote:

> I'll admit I haven't extensively reviewed the OER Foundation
> charging model but a light review of the website text and a
> few previous conversations with Wayne indicated that what
> you're buying is expertize and not OER content (just like
> FOSS).

That's my understanding also.  I think the idea is that it's a tiered
structure so that organizations like universities that want to get
involved in an open courseware project but who don't know how to go it
alone can work through an established organization that can help.  I
believe all of the actual content is available freely through WikiEducator.

-=Steve=-

--
Stephen H. Foerster
http://hiresteve.com