[Oer-community] Discussion forum instead of email

Steve Foerster steve at hiresteve.com
Wed Oct 6 14:08:59 MDT 2010

Annalisa wrote:

> Maria has explained very well the problem (thanks!). I think
> email does not allow us to have an engaging discussion as
> much as a dedicated conversation space could do.

> Probably BuddyPress (http://buddypress.org/) would be one of
> the most appropriate and usable resources, if you think this
> could be a solution I am available to start creating the page.

Hmm.  If the purpose is simply to be a home for discussion, like an
email list would be, personally I would rather we stick to something
that is just a discussion board and which doesn't have other distracting
additional features.

But I'm not sure what our goal is.  Perhaps we should wait for Susan to
explain more about what the goals are for this group, what the exact
relationship with Athabasca is, and so forth?

-=Steve=-

--
Stephen H. Foerster
http://hiresteve.com