[Oer-community] Introduction to the discussion

Molly E. Uzoh molly.uzoh at learningright.com
Tue Oct 5 12:55:13 MDT 2010

Susan,

Thanks for restarting the discussion. I have invited

Our company, Learning Right Technologies, LLC. is a consulting small
business headquartered in the heart of the Silicon Valley of California
whoever we are involved in a let of educational and ICT activities in
Africa. Our company specializes in Information Technology consulting and
educational services/tools. We provide curriculum R&D for instructor-led and
web-based content: interactive multimedia instructional design, learning
simulations, educational software, games and video production; e-learning,
e-government, e-business, e-health such as EPIC consulting; and new program
implementation; leadership and technical training; documentation, technical
writing, e-library, users manual; database, knowledgebase, LMS and project
management. We produced a prototype of a series of interactive multimedia
software for learning African languages like Igbo, Yoruba and Swahili. We
saved over $1.5 million in training materials for implementing Epic modules
in all Kaiser facilities in Northern California. This includes the
curriculum for training Kaiser Health Connect project management,
application development and training teams as well as over 40,000 end users.
We migrated one chapter of US Department of Air Force paper-based
professional development guide to interactive rich digital media exercises
for web offering (http://pdg.af.edu/Interactive_Website_2/index.html) We
facilitated a very successful "Empowering Technology in Africa" event for
Google which helped smoothen Google's expansion to Africa.

We use a lot of OER in our community activities through Silicon Valley
African Production(www.svap.org) while working with the Silicon Valley
Future Stars. We are constantly looking for the latest opensource technology
for our interactive digital media production programs for the youth. I look
forward to learning from and contributing to any of the topics that might be
of value to the majority in the list. Thanks again.

Mary (Molly) Uzoh, CEO/Principal Consultant
Learning Right Technologies, LLC
P. O. Box 51616 San Jose, CA 95151
Phone: 408-649-5872, Cell: 408-826-2167
http://www.learningright.com