[Oer-community] Re Miguel's comments on summarizing

Susan D'Antoni susandantoni at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 10:32:29 MST 2012

Dear Miguel and all,

Preparing the summary of data elements from the discussions for my message
yesterday, I only put forward what people seemed to identify as the
absolutely essential information.  And the focus was on OER projects or
initiatives.

The following is the rest of the list I had prepared with "other"
information - and why it might be useful.

*   Initiatives language(s) was of high concern for promoting collaboration
and networking

*   Initiative start date and end date would track the pattern of projects
over time

*   Type of initiative ( such as OER creation, repository, directory, etc.)
would need an agreed upon classification

*   Brief descrition of initiative to allow the

*   Level of education would allow for sorting of projects of different
levels of education if eventual mapping covered all levels

*   Main subject area(s) also

*   Institution/Institutional consortium name, and web site would associate
the OER initiative as institutional or consortium or netowork

But your list and my list lead us back to what is feasible to collect,
because all data collection, maintenance and updating has a cost - it is
not free.

Best,

Susan

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 5:52 AM, Miguel Ángel Pereira Baz <
miguel.angel.pereira at ite.educacion.es> wrote:

> We want to add a suggestion about the fields that should be included in
> all the OERs include in the map.
> We think that a general description (with a two paragraphs text, for
> instance) would be interesting. According to our experience, users and
> creators make very complemete and helpful descriptions that allow other
> users to get the basical information about the OER.
> On the other hand, it culd be a good idea to include a field named
> "Destination". This could be destinated to give information about to whose
> kind of learning process the OER was created for: formal learning, informal
> learning...
> Last. We agree that a connections map could be interesting. However, we
> still think that all our work should be focused on creating a mapa
> including the OER and allowing users a simple access to the contents
> they're looking for.
>
> Greetings from Spain.
>
> --
> "La única causa perdida es la que se abandona"
>
> MIGUEL ÁNGEL PEREIRA BAZ
> Jefe de Servicio
> *CeDeC. (Centro Nacional de Desarrollo
> Curricular en Sistemas no Propietarios).*
> C/ Lope de Vega 21.
> 06800, Mérida
> Tlf: 924301863
> miguel.angel.pereira at ite.educacion.es