[Oer-community] On-line education is using a flawed Creative Commons license

Ilkka Tuomi ilkka.tuomi at meaningprocessing.com
Fri Nov 30 06:42:12 MST 2012

Steve,

My point was that if it is outcome that matters, this is also an empirical
question, not a theoretical one. Basically, we can count the number of
people who have access. This, of course, to a large extent depends on
whether and to what extent the resources are produced. There can be little
"freedom to use" without access.

If the question really is about a more theoretical idea about more or less
"freedom of users," then we have to talk about what such freedom means,
also in conceptual terms. I would then prefer to frame this in the
capability-based context (Sen & Nussbaum).

ilkka