[Oer-community] NC License and Printing cost (Zaid Ali Alsagoff)

Miguel Ángel Pereira Baz miguel.angel.pereira at ite.educacion.es
Thu Nov 29 01:32:50 MST 2012

Dear Zaid.
From our point of view, the answer to your question is very clear. A
payment that only cover the costs of printing the cd or another material
can be considered as working under the nc conditions. For us, it seems
clear that if an institution is not getting some kind of profit, the non
comercial clauses are not being violated.
For instance, her in Spain some experiences of printing on demmand are
being developed for public institutions. That means that the resources is
published on line and printing is allowed. Obviously is the same user who
has to pay for this print. We think that's similar policy that the one
you're asking for. The only difference is that in our case, people are
printing for free.

Greetings from Spain

--
"La única causa perdida es la que se abandona"

MIGUEL ÁNGEL PEREIRA BAZ
Jefe de Servicio
*CeDeC. (Centro Nacional de Desarrollo
Curricular en Sistemas no Propietarios).*
C/ Lope de Vega 21.
06800, Mérida
Tlf: 924301863
miguel.angel.pereira at ite.educacion.es