[Oer-community] Week 3

Susan D'Antoni susandantoni at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 07:46:36 MST 2012

Dear colleagues,

Since the discussion of metadata shows such a high level of interest and
concern, it might be a good idea to launch a separate discussion to
continue after this one closes.  For the moment, I would like to ask that
we put the topic aside while we consider an option to suggest to you for
continuing the discussion of metadata.

So, as we enter the final week of this discussion, I would like to suggest
we focus on several  of the issues we have not really discussed very
thoroughly.  And to do so, let us take the hypothetical position that the
reasons put forward during the conversation of the first week justify
designing an approach to collect basic information on OER initiatives - so
that we would have both a listing and a geographic map.

Since Cecilia has just raised the issue of common interests in having
information about OER initiatives, let's take up again the potential of
collaboration.  Can we consider her comments ..... and hear from others.

Best,
Susan