[Oer-community] SUSPECT: Re: Metadata for OER and International Open Access Association

Phil Barker phil.barker at hw.ac.uk
Sun Nov 25 08:15:06 MST 2012

On 24/11/12 16:54, Stracke, Christian wrote:
> MLR is based on DC and OAI and 100% compliant with them (RDF and triple based) but enriched for learning elements.
> And due to its strict rules for implementation and extensions, any application profile can be developed (by keeping 100% interoperability).
> I strongly recommend to use MLR as basis for any system of listing, mapping and tagging OER.
We've certainly come a long way since Dublin Core and IMS LRM. They were
free. IEEE LOM will cost you about $100 (though if you Google you'll
find the final draft for free).   What's published so far of ISO MLR
costs from CHF 98 - 170  per part, so for 10 parts that's well over
US$1,000 just to see whether it's useful.  Or is there an open access
copy somewhere?

Phil Barker

--
work: http://people.pjjk.net/phil
twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/philbarker

Ubuntu: not so much an operating system as a learning opportunity.
http://xkcd.com/456/