[Oer-community] What is beyond mapping the OER intiatives?

Duda Nogueira dudanogueira at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 21:45:50 MST 2012

Hi Fred and Edward!

Thanks for the answer and sorry for the late response on this one.

I am aware of the specifications presented at IMS. Not deep into it.
Unfortunately I got to know it after writing the piece of code to pack the
OER's downloaded by Duda Library and for that reason didn't used it. It's
surely the spec I plan on study and maybe and follow for the planned
rewrite.

However, you cannot find those specs actually applied, or even considered
on the majority of the OER's Sources.

Should we consider this as one of the parameters for the mapping initiative?

So, after actually discover that only a small amount of OER actually apply
some of those specs, we should then should try harder to show how following
those specs is important for the OER community, and provide some basic
usages and case scenarios that clearly shows that if you really want to
make you "O"ER Open, distributed, available and accessible, following those
specs will get you exactly that.

Thanks!