[Oer-community] Objectives of the OER World Map

Shoueib Bunnoo shoueib1 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 10:24:45 MST 2012

Dear all,
greetings, I am Shoueib Bunnoo from Mauritius.  Like some of my friends i'm
currently following an online course at the University of Mauritius and
that's how i got to learn about the OER Community and meeting all the
colleagues around the world.
my concern is about the Objective/s of the world map.  like most of us
suggested, it would be really beneficial and can be used as a tool to pass
on the message of OER in a clear and simple manner to all our fellow
colleagues- teachers, researchers, etc...
i hope u will agree that the OER movement has many facettes, and different
people and
organisations participate for very different reasons. however, i would like
to have ur views about this comment  from this link *
http://sharing-nicely.net/2008/09/what-is-the-problem-oer-in-search-of-a-common-goal/
* which reads: "*what the community is*
*lacking is a shared goal, why we are developing all this stuff. If we*
*had a shared goal and then some smaller goals to support the overall*
*one, we would have a better idea what we are doing this for."*
i feel that if we have a common goal and to start with may be a common
slogan (or something like that!?) we shall be able to build a dynamic world
map for OER..
regards,
shoueib [?]