[Oer-community] A reflection

Phil Barker phil.barker at hw.ac.uk
Thu Nov 15 04:31:02 MST 2012

On 15/11/2012 09:12, Albright, Susan wrote:
> 1.  An OER map could serve to educate those outside this community about the breadth and depth of the movement.
>
> 2.  There are tools such as those used by the public health community to report outbreaks, that could make self reporting possible, thereby making it easier to keep the map up to date.
Mapping the spread of OER as a contagion, I like that (there are
parallels between the spread of disease and the spread of innovation).

A time dimension on the map would be interesting.

Phil

--
<http://www.icbl.hw.ac.uk/~philb/>

-----
Sunday Times Scottish University of the Year 2011-2013
Top in the UK for student experience
Fourth university in the UK and top in Scotland (National Student Survey 2012)

We invite research leaders and ambitious early career researchers to
join us in leading and driving research in key inter-disciplinary themes.
Please see www.hw.ac.uk/researchleaders for further information and how
to apply.

registered under charity number SC000278.