[Oer-community] A reflection

Roy Williams Roy.Williams at port.ac.uk
Thu Nov 15 03:31:30 MST 2012

Helen, I love the question: "if we know technology is the answer, do we
know what the question is?"

Just to throw a pebble into the pool ...

If we are thinking about mapping, we might think about what we are
mapping 'against':
geographical location of where one of the authors works, sleeps, pays
their taxes [if applicable], etc)
open source categories ( e.g. 'free', as in 'beer', etc)
open learning (open as in flexible, affordances, emergence, etc)
In the case of option 3, it might be useful to look at an example of 3D
mapping of open learning, per se, in the recently published Footprints
of Emergence ( http://www.irrodl.org/index.php/irrodl/article/view/1267
), in IRRODL, where you can pick and choose amongst the affordances, and
tagsonomise to taste.

Roy

>>> Jane Ross <source21 at telus.net> 14/11/2012 22:19 >>>

Yours is an interesting observation Helen. Amazing the volume of
exchange on
the subject of OER mapping...

Jane Ross, PhD. President
Association for Life-wide Living (ALL) of Alberta
T: 780/672-9315
E: source21 at telus.net

Inspiring creativity for health through our landscape, our communities
and
the arts.