[Oer-community] A reflection

bnhaw at tm.net.my bnhaw at tm.net.my
Wed Nov 14 21:39:40 MST 2012

Dear Zaid and fellow colleagues of OER group,

The issue of objectively to meet one goal is always encouraging. I find that Zaid had pointed out some of the useful awareness points. Perhaps we may adopt these suggestions as a start to gearing our effort in becoming fruitful results through certain strategies to meet the objective view point.

However, there are uncountable subjective points are available in this OER universe thus it has different level of agenda in supporting the OER platform challenges from this complex society. Therefore, whether our ideas worth for consideration by all the OER community or even concern authority as well as non OER community is not an important factor at least we must dare to demand in order to make improvement of the OER initiatives to become a sustainable project. Especially the advancement of the past, present and promising future world, many things in this world are keep on changing because everyone hopes to excel the present model even though the primary goal has not yet achieved but we are still talking about the one stop solution to safeguard of various interest in single activity. Sound great! Come and leave is a kind of common nature of participant attitude in any volunteer services unless contributor pay high responsibility with passion and commitment to making OER a great success otherwise it will be merely another kind of discussion in the virtual world through this acid test.

Over the last few years many have faced challenges from the state of the economy or an increased number of natural disasters and changing weather patterns. I've noticed that those who have most successfully weathered these storms and overcome adversity all seem to share a common belief that something positive can come out of difficult situations.

Finding the positive and building on what's important may not be easy, but it is certainly helpful, when we face serious challenges in our lives. If we only focus on the negative when challenging things happen to us, we make our situations even worse. We've all heard stories about people who have lost everything they own to fire, hurricane, tornado or other disaster, but who surprisingly are able to talk about being grateful. That's because they've shifted their focus from what they've lost to what they still have—their lives. As long as there's life there's hope. Those who are able to move past the worst of times have discovered how to accept the fact of a difficult situation and move past it.

As a Founder cum Chairman of Ansted Social Responsibility International Award, I wish the OER implementation a great success as together we can make the world a better place to live in. Thanks for reading my thoughts in this aspect.

Roger Haw