[Oer-community] OER Mapping

José Vladimir Burgos Aguilar vburgos at itesm.mx
Tue Nov 13 14:30:02 MST 2012

Dear all,

Why don't we all, producers/consumers of OER and those who own a repository
(institutional or thematic repository) consider the issue of
interoperability (metadata crosswalk) to ease the task of discoverability
(OER search engines). It will be great to foster ACCESS to digital objects
trough facets (metadata) by language, discipline (knowledge area) and other
descriptors to give context of use of the OER and potential transferability
for educational purposes.

Let's learn of the Open Access movement, excellent deal and effort they have
done with projects like DRIVER 2.0
(www.driver-support.eu/informationfor.html) -for example, about mapping the
OER we could think in a Global Directory of OER Repositories like OpenDOAR
(www.opendoar.org)

Please consider:

Haßler, Bjöern (2009). Access to Open Educational Resources: Report of a
UNESCO OER Community Discussion, UNESCO OER Community, 9-27 February, 2009:
http://bit.ly/PSr55c

In Mexico we are working hard in that topic of discoverability of OER
(visibility and dissemination): www.temoa.info
...also www.temoa.info/research   and   www.temoa.info/es/investigacion

All the best,
Vladimir Burgos
--------------------------------
J. Vladimir Burgos Aguilar, MTI, M.Sc
Open Content Coordinator (CKO)
Innov at TE Center – Center for Innovation in Technology and Education

Project manager of OCW Tecnológico de Monterrey: http://ocw.itesm.mx & temoa
(Knowledge Hub OER Index): www.temoa.info

TECVirtual University of the Tecnológico de Monterrey www.itesm.mx/innovate

Tel. +52 (81) 8358.2000, Ext 6776
Skype: vladimir.burgos

Join the community of temoa® and discover the most powerful tool to learn
better and in a different way. www.temoa.info

facebook
www.facebook.com/temoainfo
The content of this data transmission is not considered as an offer,
proposal, understanding, or agreement unless it is confirmed in a document
signed by a legal representative of ITESM. The content of this data
transmission is confidential and it is intended to be delivered only to the
addresses, therefore, it shall not be distributed and/or disclosed through
any mean without the original sender's previous authorization. If you are
not the addressee you are forbidden to use it, either totally or partially,
for any purpose.