[Oer-community] OER mapping

Isabelle Turmaine i.turmaine at iau-aiu.net
Wed Nov 14 03:11:53 MST 2012

Dear all,

I would like to go back to the idea of  developing a geographical map, which
I particularly like for at least two reasons:

-          It's the easiest to create, manage and be understood by all and
not only a well aware of OER community;

-          It's the best way to support the creation of OER in
country/region where there is no OER yet, or where OER are not sufficiently
enough given visibility.

As for how to organize the map, unless mistaken, I have not seen messages
from the librarian community whose insights could be of great help on this
matter: librarians are used to organize data, quite aware of the open access
movement, and a key intermediary between information and different
audiences.

Isabelle Turmaine

Director, Information Centre and Communication Services

International Association of Universities

http://www.iau-aiu.net