[Oer-community] could the oer community work to collaborate to design build and maintain such a map

Prakash Cyparsad cyparsad777 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 13:55:36 MST 2012

Hi everybody ,

I'm a Mauritian Primary school Educator who joined the OER - community upon
request of my lecturer since i am working on a BSc module called OER and
technologies at the University of Mauritius.
 Till recently oer was something new to me though i have been in the
teaching profession since 18 years .Before forwarding my views  on this
issue I would like to point out the fundamental principle of Oer movement
" the world’s knowledge is a public good "

As a reply to the above  question I would like to say yes, it is possible
for several reasons.

   1. Its our responsibility as educators  to share knowledge and
   experiences with our students  for a more prosperous nation .
   2. The world has turned into a small village thanks to communication (
   internet ). there is no extra cost required   to realise such a map.
   3. working in collaboration with people over the globe will  make
   everyone open-minded .
   4. Collaborative work , designing and building such a map will fasten
   friendship ties  of the oer - community.
   5. The map will regularly keep contact work on issues and produce free
   resources for everybody to use .

Regards

pradipsing cyparsad  .