[Oer-community] Forwarded message from Fred Mulder

rory rory at athabascau.ca
Mon Nov 12 11:48:36 MST 2012

Colleagues,
As the other UNESCO/COL Chair in OER, I would like to support Fred's
remarks and our strong support for this mapping initiative. It is an
integral part of the UNESCO Chair's initiative that has now been joined
by Dr Wayne Macintosh, the new Commonwealth of Learning (COL) Chair in
OER.  The Chair's programme is charged with helping to build the
international OER movement in support of UNESCO's millenium goals. The
mapping exercise will help us to identify collaborator's and others in
the worldwide OER community that will provide an impetus to the sharing,
use, reuse, adaptation, localisation and tranlsation of  OER. When we
know about each other we can do amazing things together.
The Chairs are supporting the OER Knowledge Cloud
http://oerknowledgecloud.org  for researchers in OER issues and the
Global OER Graduate Network for researchers and students interested in
research in OER: http://oer.unescochair-ou.nl/?page_id=320

All the best.
Rory

On 12-11-12 11:21 AM, Susan D'Antoni wrote:
> Dear Colleagues,
>
> Fred is the UNESCO Chair holder at the Open University of the
> Netherlands.  He is about to travel but wanted to give us his reaction
> to the ultility of mapping OER initiatives.
>
> Best,
>
> Susan

Rory McGreal
UNESCO/COL Chair in OER