[Oer-community] Value of the mailing list discussion

Adrian Stagg Adrian.Stagg at usq.edu.au
Sun Dec 23 15:32:10 MST 2012

Susan,

I've remained rather quiet over the last few weeks, just taking in a lot of the thoughts and links with great interest.  I have to say that this has been a great educational experience for me, and I'll be able to take a lot of this into my current role.  I've recently taken a role at USQ which has as part of the remit to build awareness and PD for all university staff around Creative Commons and Open Educational Practice.  The staff here seem to be very receptive to the idea (unsurprising given USQ's existing work in this space), but still, there is a lot of information to distil.  This list has been extremely useful in helping me to do just that.

I also curate a Scoop.It page which I add to daily, and this may be of interest to others: http://www.scoop.it/t/futuretech-for-learning

I hope this helps, and look forward to the report (and continuing conversation) next year.

Kind regards, and Merry Christmas,

Adrian Stagg
eLearning Designer, Learning Resources Development
Learning, Teaching & Quality | Academic Services Division | University of Southern Queensland
Toowoomba | Queensland | 4350 | Australia
Ph: +61 7 4631 2917
Email: Adrian.stagg at usq.edu.au<mailto:Adrian.stagg at usq.edu.au>

This email (including any attached files) is confidential and is for the
intended recipient(s) only.  If you received this email by mistake,
please, as a courtesy, tell the sender, then delete this email.

The views and opinions are the originator's and do not necessarily
reflect those of the University of Southern Queensland.  Although all
reasonable precautions were taken to ensure that this email contained no
viruses at the time it was sent we accept no liability for any losses
arising from its receipt.

The University of Southern Queensland is a registered provider of education
with the Australian Government.
(CRICOS Institution Code QLD 00244B / NSW 02225M, TEQSA PRV12081 )