[Oer-community] Wrapping up the conversation

Mary Lou Forward mlforward at ocwconsortium.org
Wed Oct 13 18:48:24 MDT 2010

Dear All,

Thanks for the lively discussion over the past week. The dominant theme has
been sustainability of the OER movement, primarily from an economic
perspective, but also in light of different thoughts about how
public/private sectors and market forces fit into the question of higher
education. People have shared their beliefs as well as approaches to OER.
Thanks to everyone who has contributed. We are going to leave this
discussion group open for a couple more days, through Friday, for any
additional questions or comments. We would certainly be happy to address any
of the topics covered in our conference if you would like to investigate
these more thoroughly. We're also happy to have off line discussions after
this list closes if something comes to you later.

Since high level questions about OER are of strong interest to this group,
I'd be interested in hearing where you would like to see OCW and OER going,
putting aside the question of financial sustainability. Have your thoughts
about the future of the movement changed over the past few years? What
contributions do you see the movement making? Where should we be
concentrating efforts for maximum impact?

Mary Lou

--
Mary Lou Forward
OpenCourseWare Consortium