[Oer-community] In fields like OER -- Shouldn't we eat our own dog food?

Jennie Lawrence jennie at the3rdgoal.org
Tue Oct 12 07:06:30 MDT 2010

Hello Wayne and All,

MIT has made a very simple request at the bottom of its Teacher page which
is to "use and cite these materials". A very simple request and in training
over time this is what the US does is educate on "copyright" and its proper
use so as not to get into legal ramifications with another entity or person.
Plus it gives credit where credit is due to the originator. What is this
"FEAR" you are raising? Nothing to be afraid of just the "FEAR" you are
supposing.

For Teachers <http://ocw.mit.edu/high-school/for-teachers/>

Our goal is to make it easy for you to find resources you can use to inspire
your students.
  We've selected a range of materials to help you:

   - Show science demonstrations by MIT faculty in your classroom.
   - Provide alternate explanations to reinforce key concepts.
   - Guide students to additional homework problems and exam examples.
   - Add to your knowledge.

You can use this site to help your students:

   - Understand concepts by watching video demonstrations.
   - Study for AP exams.
   - Sample the kind of work they'll be doing in college.

   - Tell us what you think <http://ocw.mit.edu/jsp/feedback.jsp?Referer=>.

If your student is a good candidate for MIT, please have them contact the MIT
Admissions Office <http://www.mitadmissions.org/> for an application.

Office of Admissions
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Room 3-108