[Oer-community] educational policy and OER

Bakary Diallo bdiallo at avu.org
Mon Oct 11 10:21:29 MDT 2010

Dear Paul,

AVU has established working relation with 65 universities from about 27 African countries since 1997 www.avu.org/Academic-Partner-Institutions/all-academic-partners.html

The relationship is usually built through the delivery of educational programs and projects. We have currently 31 active partner institutions in our network http://www.avu.org/Academic-Partner-Institutions/active-academic-partners.html

The AVU Teacher Education initiative is part of a Multinational project implemented in 10 countries. Other components of this project include a) installation of eLearning centers in each country, training of university staff on open distance and eLearning issues and gender mainstreaming   www.avu.org/AVU-Multinational-Support-Project/avu-multinational-support-project.html.

We are now seeking to expand this project to more universities and countries.

Regards,

______________________

                  .

Bakary Diallo, Ph.D

Rector/ Recteur

African Virtual University/Université Virtuelle Africaine

Cape Office Park (opp. Yaya Center)
Ring Road, Kilimani
PO Box 25405 - 00603
Nairobi, Kenya.