[Oer-community] Discussion forum instead of email

Hanley, Gerry ghanley at calstate.edu
Wed Oct 6 12:17:54 MDT 2010

Dear Susan and OER community,

If you wish,  you are welcome to use MERLOT Voices (http://voices.merlot.org - it's free and open) to create and manage a wide range of discussion forums within a "Community Conversation"  that can include sharing documents, people setting up blogs, IMing, etc.

It's free to sign up.  The registration process requires people to provide some simple/basic info and there is a quick administrative process to confirm your registration.

Feel free to see what others have done - the California State University's "Noyce Voices" might be one http://voices.merlot.org/group/noycescholarsinthecsu that illustrates the multiple discussion forums within a single community.    If I can be of some assistant, let me know.

Cheers,
Gerry

Gerard L. Hanley, Ph.D.
Senior Director, Academic Technology Services
Executive Director, MERLOT
California State University, Office of the Chancellor
401 Golden Shore
Long Beach, CA, USA  90802
562-951-4259
ghanley at calstate.edu